Friday, October 1, 2010

Showing the Love















Last month I received a wonderful e-mail from Hank Holman of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Mr. Holman wrote:

"I write in praise of your fascinating illustration for "Three Stations" that appeared in last Sunday's New York Times Book Review. I called it to the attention of my artist wife, Jan, and she was as taken with it as I was. I printed a copy and we oohed and ahhed and discussed it at some length. One reason it appealed to her so much is that it reminded her of a spooky experience she and our daughter had late one night in a deserted train station in Germany. Jan is a prize winning quilter who has produced dozens of quilts through the years. I suggested she make a quilted wall-hanging from your design and she has done so. I attach a photograph."

Thank you, Jan, for your stunning work. I am flattered and touched.


No comments:

Post a Comment